Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Girl Power - Indie Mix

Sometimes my choice of music drives my husband crazy and I'm afraid lately that is the case. I've been needing a break from the usual - AKA music we both agree on - and have turned to music he can't stand. For some reason I need to mix it up way more then he - sometimes hip hop, sometimes punk, and even sometimes country. The last few months it's mostly indie music and punk tunes. It all started when I pulled out my old Belle & Sebastian album and found myself really liking it for the first time. Big thanks to Diana who gave it to me in the first place about 8 years ago- I think she wanted to toss it in the trash. ;)

Anyway, here are a few of my current favorite girl songs to try out that Cody isn't fond of... just in case you too want his disapproval for listening to them. Let me know if you like & I'll post some cool boys bands too. And if you have any music that I would like and you know Cody would hate, let me know. I'm always looking for that kind of music. LOL!



Tegan & Sarah: Nineteen, Walking With A Ghosts, Where Does the Good Go
Cat Power: Sea of Love
Adel: Chasing Pavements, Hometown Glory
Kate Nash: Foundations, Pumpkin Soup, Merry Happy
Tristan Pettyman: Madly, Love Love Love, Shy That Way
Sia: Breath Me
Sarah Bareilles: Bottle It Up, Gravity, One Sweet Love, Fairytale
Rilo Kiley: Silver Lining, Close Call
Kimya Dawson: So Nice So Smart, Tire Swing, Tree Hugger
Girl In a Como: Their Cell
Feist: My Moon My Man
Colbie Caillat: Oxygen, Realize, The Little Things

0 comments: